RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2014, 04:21 AM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (102)

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Pete, I ran the Saito 1.00 yesterday with a new ZOAR 15x6, apparently the Zoar turns much heder than a ProZinger.. I looked back and had reported 9,500 or so with a 15x6 ProZinger, the most I could come up with on the Zoar was 8,900. I gotta cipher on that some. I changed two things at the same time. I used the Zoar and I ran a stock cast muffler instead of the TurboHeader. I never saw the TurboHeader make 600 rpm's worth of difference, 300 on a couple of engines but mostly 210 to 260. I'll play some more today. Adrain is sending me a whole system for the Saito 100, I am going to put it on the high compression .80. I'll have to space the sensor up about 1/8th" because the cam box on the .80 is the old pre-B engine design and is shorter. Should be a piece of cake. The prop drivers are the same. Yep, I made a piston stop and an adapter to hold the piston at TDC with vacuum. I am a regular old hand now. The main problem is keeping Honey Do's from interfering with the important work.

That article I removed was about 3 pages long and of no use to anyone, it concerned the setting up the chassis on a Vincent Black Shadow. Apparently adjusting the sparkplug wire length would alter the handing characteristics.

Last edited by Hobbsy; 10-14-2014 at 04:25 AM.