RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2014, 10:30 AM
SrTelemaster150

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hobbsy
Pete, I ran the Saito 1.00 yesterday with a new ZOAR 15x6, apparently the Zoar turns much heder than a ProZinger.. I looked back and had reported 9,500 or so with a 15x6 ProZinger, the most I could come up with on the Zoar was 8,900. I gotta cipher on that some. I changed two things at the same time. I used the Zoar and I ran a stock cast muffler instead of the TurboHeader. I never saw the TurboHeader make 600 rpm's worth of difference, 300 on a couple of engines but mostly 210 to 260. I'll play some more today. Adrain is sending me a whole system for the Saito 100, I am going to put it on the high compression .80. I'll have to space the sensor up about 1/8th" because the cam box on the .80 is the old pre-B engine design and is shorter. Should be a piece of cake. The prop drivers are the same. Yep, I made a piston stop and an adapter to hold the piston at TDC with vacuum. I am a regular old hand now. The main problem is keeping Honey Do's from interfering with the important work.

That article I removed was about 3 pages long and of no use to anyone, it concerned the setting up the chassis on a Vincent Black Shadow. Apparently adjusting the sparkplug wire length would alter the handing characteristics.
You need to run the different combos on the same day under similar atmosheric conditions to get a true comparison. I've seen as much as 400 RPM difference on different day W/the same exact combo. A cloudy day W/steady temperature & barometric pressure is the best day to do comparisons.

Last edited by SrTelemaster150; 10-14-2014 at 11:43 AM.