RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite '.60 size' P-51D Mustang ARF: Building & Modifications
Old 10-15-2014, 02:21 PM
flycatch
My Feedback: (26)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by raptureboy
Using 3-/12 robart wheels with the inserts and have tornout the mounts twice, once on each side. Although my landings are not always perfect the cheap hot glue or even lack of, and the location of the mounts so close to the leading edge leads to many of these failures. I replaced both my mounts with real maple and epoxy and no more broken mounts. I recently pulled the screws right out of the mount on a botched cross wind landing. plugged the holes with hardwood dowel and remounted. Back to flying again. Grass fields also are rough on gear and mounts. But you are right about the inserts they really help keep the tires from rolling over and causing nose overs. I bought a roll of the foam caulking backer from the Depot for my wheels, same stuff Robart sells but alot cheaper.
Thanks for the reply and your point is valid concerning grass fields. I fly off a dry lake bed and that is like day and night.