RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C. Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2014, 05:19 PM
DieHarder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I look at it, I believe the inside hole would give more leverage in certain positions, but could cause binding in others. The outside hole would have slightly less leverage, but you shouldn't have any binding issues. I'm not saying the outside hole is the way to go, I'm just saying that if the actual dimensions are how they appear in the exploded view, then there is a chance (On the right side in the view) that it could bind up when you turn the wheels right and then release your steering back to neutral. It may not willingly go back to neutral. This would only happen if the stud went forward enough to pass the pivot point of the hub. I would use the inside hole, mainly due to the fact that Duratrax probably had all the kinks out of the design before producing it, and the stud is probably limited to behind the hub's pivot point. If that didn't make sense, then basically, I just vote that you use the inside hole... lol

I took my Evader to an industrial, freshly paved parking lot for some super speed runs on 3S. The truth is I can't get all of the throttle trigger pinched without it pulling a wheelie at 80% throttle and flipping, ending in a 100ft upside-down skid across the asphalt. A friend of mine who drives the pace car occasionally for NASCAR told me to put a front spoiler either right above the windshield or on the front bumper and I should easily be able to pinch it out. He said no bigger than a popsicle stick and you will have plenty of down force at that speed. I can't wait to actually open it up! I haven't ever done it on 3S, EVER! Too bad I don't have a radar gun, I swear it's pushing 65mph before the flip.