RCU Forums - View Single Post - Introducing the NEW Aeroworks Pitts Python ARF QB!!!
Old 10-18-2014, 10:44 PM
thintz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a quick update. I got my Aeroworks 50cc Pitts Python, got it built, test ran the DLE 60-twin yesterday and am sitting here at 2:30am waiting for morning to take it out for the maiden (Not anxious or anything!)
The DLE 60-twin fits in the cowl easily with just the plugs hanging out so I made those opening a bit oversized to help get air out of the cowl. The stock exhaust on this motor has long down pipes that keep the oil and exhaust out of the cowl and of most of the plane without having to add silicone extensions. I have read in other places that it is tough to hit the advertised 17-18lb weight but even with the DLE 60-twin, a SmartFly Powerexpander Sport Plus (with Ignition cutoff), two 7.4V, 500mAh LiPos for the radio gear and a 3200mAh, 7.4V ignition pack my Pitts came in, all up (no fuel) at just under 17.5lbs! I actually weighed it three times to be sue and each time the cursor line on the scale is just under the 17.5lb mark.
My camera man is out of town this weekend but it is going up today if the weather is at all helpful. I have a full review in the works and hope to have that out shortly after next weekend if we can get the video shot.
Stay tuned!