RCU Forums - View Single Post - slow stick ailerons?
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2003, 12:13 AM
caseyjholmes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: slow stick ailerons?

well, after burning out my 6 cell 400mah from charging at too high of an amperage, I went out and picked up the GWS 6 cell 600 mah pack. It's a bit bigger so I had to cut off the battery holder tabs where they fold over 90 deg.
I love how this thing flies! looks good flying too. I think if I tried to add the ailerons and they didn't work, all I would have to do is put some packaging tape back on the aileron seams to "undo my damage". It seems like adding them would almost have to give some aileron effect, and if so, thats good enough for me! I want to practice on a full house plane, as I'd like to go aerobatic next and need to have the feel of rudder, elevator, ailerons and throttle. I saw some cool 30" span balsa 3D park flyer kits that I would like to be good enough to fly at the LHS. So I figure, why not try adding ailerons and see if they work, if not-it's totally tapable back to normal. -If it does work, I probably have the cheepest full house trainer available =>
I think I'm gonna try it. if it doesn't work with just foam, I'll try a balsa flatbottom. BTW, is there anywhere to get a replacement SS wing? Just in case =>
thanks for all the input. I'll report what happens sometime soon.
-casey