RCU Forums - View Single Post - have questions about using titebond
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2014, 05:09 AM
sensei

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

As stated above, it just seems to me that there are other ways to get our models assembled without putting our body's health in jeopardy!"

Agreed, just a little common sense would take care of that...

Also as stated above: I have used gallons and gallons of CA+. I used to call the nose and eye burn "getting Zapped" When it would kick and you could see the fumes rise up from the build. Well after 30 5 plus years of build and using CA, I am very allergic to the fumes. Even the foam safe odorless stuff causes a reaction for me. If I am around the CA and kicker, it looks like I rolled in poison oak. I get these welts that ooze this orange colored gunk. Looks nasty and itches to high heaven. I just cannot see myself in a hazmat suit to build planes. Just not my idea of fun.

So for 35 years you allowed the stuff to rise into your face and burn your nostrils, ZAPPED you as you put it until you became so allergic that you now need a hazmat suite to get near it... Forgive me and I don't mean to sound condescending but you are like the poster child for what not to do... Seriously if I placed my hand into fire and it burned me every time I did it, surely it would not have taken me 35 years to stop doing that, I mean one rodeo of that crap is really enough. WOW!!!

Maybe the answer is to pull things like CA from the market, this would keep the ignorant from breathing it until they reach the toxicity level that their body rejects the stuff violently rather than just placing a small fan that moves the fumes away in the first place or working with good ventilation like some of us have done for over 40 years. While we are at it maybe they should consider removing epoxy resins, hardeners, and any type of automotive or aircraft top coat finishing systems from the market, these are also nasty chemicals that can and do cause allergic reaction issues within the body if used over time without the use of a little common sense safeguarding our bodies during operator interface with these chemicals. You know now that I think about it I heard someplace that gasoline causes all kinds of nasty issues within the body if breathed in a prolonged scenario or digested at the flying field, so we may want to consider that for removal as well. Just kidding.

I say build using whatever adhesives that truly floats your boat, they are all good and have their place if used properly, and safe if we use just a little of that gray matter god gave us between our ears at birth. So gentlemen let's not go off the deep end with all these excellent points of why CA should not be used in the first place, when truly common sense is what should be used foremost and in the first place. Happy Building...

Bob

Last edited by sensei; 10-21-2014 at 10:39 AM.