RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2014, 07:00 AM
philjac94

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dual RSat2 Connection to Futaba/Robbe Pss2018

Not sure if this has been covered before, I tried searching but didnt get far.
With jets already setup using Futaba Sbus/PSS2018 I searched for a way to replace the 2 sbus rx's feeding the PSS2018 with 2 x RSat2 Jeti Satellites. The Futaba/Robbe manual is useless. It mentions it can be done with a special patch lead that connects the RSat to one of the Spektrum ports automatically. I tried this making my own patch cable first but gave up early on. Instead I thought I would try the menu change to Jeti Receiver type, that is in the 2018 (not mentioned in the manual), I then put the DS16 into dual path mode and bound each RSat to my Tx, went in and changed each RSat to PPM Positive function and finally connected to the RX1 and RX2 ports of the PSS2018. End result is it works perfectly, even local antenna strength shows up correctly on the PSS Data Screen.
After this I thought about the Xicoy Telemetry unit also installed in the jet. This needs the EXT port to function so reverted the RSats back to EXT/PPM, this works perfectly too. So now I have exactly what I was hoping could be done Dual RSat Rx's connected to Robbe Futaba PSS2018 with Engine Telemetry. Incidently the Emcotec DPSI is identical to the PSS2018 so connection is also possible.