RCU Forums - View Single Post - have questions about using titebond
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2014, 07:10 PM
sensei

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Buzz,

you stated I guess you never made a mistake or did something foolish?

Sure I have, everybody has, we learn from our mistakes, we grow from our mistakes, and we move forward from our mistakes, but we just can't afford to spend 30+ years on just one mistake, the learning curve must be faster than that.

You state the reaction started all of a sudden one weekend after only 30 5 + years of being zapped as posted in your words, now you post you started using CA when you were 7 and stopped when you were 35, in my math that is like 28 years. So which one is it Buzz because it is starting to sound a little fishy, the educated might believe that you are here only to muddy up the waters, while the unknowing may take your story as something from the bible.

Maybe I do sound condescending and arrogant in my post, I just don't believe in sugar coating an obvious truth. In my business over the last 40 + years we have in the past and still do today use literally hundreds of gallons of CA, high end euro finishes, and all kinds of epoxies and other volatile chemicals each year. Over the last 30sh years I have been ultimately responsible for the safety of my employees while using these type chemicals. Today we are still growing and I personally have over 160 aerospace type employees that I am responsible for, nearly half use these chemical every day you see so safety first is a moral and legal obligation for me. This is why when I read something like your first post and how careless you made it sound by stating for well over 30 years you called the nose and eye burn "getting Zapped" meaning you allowed it to continue and then when I called you on it you suddenly place a spin on things and become a beacon of a safety minded light that utilized all safety measures and still... Look what happened to poor me, what now? Well honestly, that is your tale and I am currently sitting on mine because that is not how it works.

Like I already stated, use what you want to build with, they are all good if used in the proper application and safe with a little common sense applied. coming into a tread and bashing a product or a methodology of usage simply because of one's own shortcomings in the understanding of that particular technology is ignorant and makes no sense at all to me, but then again hitting myself in the face with a hammer for 30+ years because there wasn't a thread that educated me in the simple fact that this type of behavior could very well be detrimental to the appearance of my face makes no sense to me either.

Bob

Last edited by sensei; 10-22-2014 at 07:18 AM.