RCU Forums - View Single Post - have questions about using titebond
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2014, 06:06 AM
dspeers
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Although we are going down a rabbit hole to some degree given the topic of the thread, since I responded once with the goal of helping folks to minimize the toxic effects and to some degree reduce the risk of developing a secondary allergy I will re-engage.While your comments about fans and ventilation are meant to educate, I had all of those in place, so now what?The answer is that for 28-30 years your symptoms were due to the direct toxic effects of CA fumes, subsequently you developed an allergic reaction. At present given the degree of your symptoms, you can try to minimize symptoms by pretreating with an OTC or Rx anti-histamine +/- Singulair (an immunomodulator that works through a different mechanism than antihistamines but requires a Rx) or see an allergist for immunotherapy (AKA shots), although they will stress avoidance in addition to the therapy, or avoid altogether any future exposure to CA. Once you have an allergy minimizing exposure is less effective than when used to avoid toxic effects. The allergic reaction can increase in severity with each subsequent exposure even if the dose at subsequent exposures is reduced. As an aside development of allergies is not necessarily dose related, some folks will develop such after as little as one exposure, some can bathe in a given potential allergen and never have an allergic reaction, and some folks will only develop an allergy after repeated exposures and in this situation actions to minimize exposure will reduce both toxic effects and the risk of developing an allergy. Hope this helps.