RCU Forums - View Single Post - have questions about using titebond
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2014, 08:56 AM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sensi, you are correct. My times are off. Life has flown by and I refuse to believe I am as old as I am. Who is that old man in the mirror? After reading your post and thinking about it, trying to remember the last plane I built with CA, I would say I was closer to 40, give or take a little. I will attempt to be more accurate in my time line from now on.

I was careless. I used the proper gear when I would use paint, epoxy, welding, working on the car. I just did not want to stand there with a respirator and gloves while building my planes, just lazy.

The weekend I had the reaction to CA, we had a build session. My brother, brother in law and I were building in the garage. We had a great Saturday. Monday I was in urgent care with redish splotches that were oozing an orange crusty stuff. That was the first time I had ever had anything like that happen. Doc said it was an allergic reaction to a chemical. The only chemical I know I was around was CA.

If my post sound like oh poor me, that was not my intent. I do not want sympathy for my own stupidity.

I have used a fan since I used the tubes of plastic glue for the plastic models. That stuff gave me a head ache after 5 minutes, so I always had a fan.

I could have used the smack in the head from some one a long time ago. It may or may not have worked. Some time we do need a swift kick or a good scare to open our eyes.

I was tired and cranky when I wrote my post. It was a rough long Monday. I could have done a better job writing it.

Buzz.