RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hobby king warning usa warehouse purchase
Old 10-24-2014, 03:18 AM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I swore off coming back in but ... I am in another thread and I bought an FW190 EPO 66" from an old closeout Starmax distributor .
The plane is in kit form and it needed TLC but I am happy with it and I am a modeler so I made tons of tweeks and build changes. Scratch built the flaps, the gear legs, the gear doors and so on .
So the same plane is picked up by Hobby King , and the poor guys paid three times as much but are getting really bad planes, totally warped wings, and epo is not easy to fix when warped . IN essence they must have purcahsed Starmax closeouts and resold as First Quality .
So as you can see I will always post both sides of the story . I have had great luck with Lipos and esc and E-Motors , even servos but man I hear nightmares on there planes. I have there 66" P40 N , again issues out of the norm but not the warping I am seeing posted on RCG under the starmax Fw190 forum !
Its sad , the poor guy spent $100 +$100 in shipping and returns , he was shipped two planes one original and one replacement , both bad.
So as stated earlier buyer beware with what you buy if you buy .

Countilaw, any time you take a passive agreesive comment like "what is he getting " you take your post and place it into the urban legand pile, you have to deal in facts , also useing words like sucks dicredits your credibility .
Its great if your dealing with teens, bottom line if they are bad at business why not state the details, your details, your personal experineces.
Should we assume you get paid by Horison, Great Planes, etc because you bash Hobby King lol, no that is how silly we can be, lets not assume anything but if you dont have experinece in dealing with them , then you dont know .
Just like Yelps review of resterants, do know there is now a legal servace to go after reveiws because many are being made by competitive resterants that cant compete with the good one .

Last edited by LDM; 10-24-2014 at 03:28 AM.