RCU Forums - View Single Post - Radio Systems
Thread: Radio Systems
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2014, 12:02 PM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pbeck39
Its a shame that Futaba limit their top shelf capability to a radio that has more channels and features than probably any modeller would need together with a price tag that most simply cannot justify. So why not build at least some of the features of the 18MZ into a radio suite that is more applicable to the everyday person. Instead of 18 channels have for example an 8 and a 10 channel system that has the nice touchscreen and is equipped with telemetry:-- Much incidentally is made of that touchscreen feature but nothing else comes close to the ones produced by Apple for their Ipad and they are a fraction of the cost. Obviously Futaba are banking on the fact financially that there are people who simply must have the best no matter what their capabilities are. They will pay whatever it takes to have the best and at $3000 a unit, its way out there on its own. I am sure the 18Mz is a very capable system but most of us are not aiming to become predator pilots and most do not have a programming degree so surely a scaled back version would be a top seller.
You've just described the Aurora 9 and Aurora 9X. The Futaba radio that you want is made by Hitec and retails between $329.99 and $499.99 depending on features and accessories. It certainly would be exciting if Futaba made a touchscreen-programmable radio system with telemetry for less than $500, but I would agree that the previously mentioned FHSS-only Futaba 10J is a very strong offering at its $350 price point.