RCU Forums - View Single Post - ~~Sig Kadet Brotherhood~~.
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2014, 08:28 PM
Zor
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Following TomCrump building thread

Hello,

I find Tom's thread most interesting.
As I said I am not planning to post into it.

There are many details that are not clear in my mind.
They may become clearer as time goes by.

It appears to me at this moment that the airfoil will become thicker with the installation of capstrip on the existing size of the airfoil; The ribs rear ends are the same height as the trailing edge thickness as they are inserted in the small grooves of the trailing edge pieces. I wonder how the added thickness of capstrips will be handled at the airfoils rear ends.

From the pictures I cannot tell if the wings joiners are one piece or individual pieces between the ribs. They would have to be one piece and the ribs be cut.

In my build I plan to have the joiner(s) slide into boxes so the wings can be separated at their center.
I may have two joiners; one at each spar.

I am planning to keep the same airfoil as came out of the die cuts.
The boxes to insert the joiner(s) will be adjacent to each spar and become part of the spar roots.

Presently I am working on the the struts' snap-in design so it is incorporated in the wings build.
Later I will work on the design of the wing's attachment to the fuselage.

The drawings dihedral of one wing horizontal and the other having 6 inches above the flat workbench at the tip rib gives angles of ? ? ? ( to be edited here after calculations ). I plan to use about two ( 2 ) degrees of dihedral.

Editing _ _ _ that angle is 10.4757 degrees which becomes 5.23785 degrees each side.
Roundign things off the top angle is 169.52 and the bottom angle is 190.48 degrees.

Zor

Last edited by Zor; 10-24-2014 at 09:50 PM. Reason: corrected wokbench to workbench