RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2014, 02:02 PM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

Question on cooling. My FG-11 is running with the cowl on, this is the second flight since putting it on. About 10 minutes into the flight it stuttered at WOT, so I throttled back and continued to fly at half for a few more minutes, which it ran fine at, and a few more WOT tries it ran fine, but just to be safe I landed (my first perfect flare 3 point with teh T-Clips too), and as soon as the plane landed the engine quit. It quit the last time I flew it when landing too, but never before that.

I put it on the stand and ran it at WOT for a few minutes, then shut it down and put my thermometer on the head. It hit 180*F, and when I tried to start it, it wouldnt run well, so looks like it heat soaked. So does this sound like a cooling issue? I have the cowl baffled to direct air over the head, but I dont think I have enough exit space. I opened it up just a bit in the field behind the head, and flew again for about 15 more minutes, this time without issue. When I landed I took another reading and it was only 120*. Looks like it helped some, but not sure if this is the issue or not.