RCU Forums - View Single Post - question on charger/ battery
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2014, 10:45 AM
jayseas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the comments,and i have found out there is alot to know when using lipo batteries man what a pain, but i have done more reading and found out you can only drain a lipo so far, around 3 volts per cell, so i checked the battery with a meter and it was 8 volts, so thats why it wouldn't charge, so i found on the net you can recharge the lipo back to 9 volts with a nimh charger, and then charge it normally with a lipo charger, Well i tried charging it back to 9v with a nimh charger.I charged it back to 9v and hooked back up to the skyrc lipo charger and it is now charging up on the lipo charger.I know there is some danger to this, i had the battery covered with a metal cover trying this, but it has seemed to work.And know i didn't have a low voltage cut toff, didn't know i needed one, didn't know you could drain the lipos batteries to low.There is alot to learn about lipos.Right now nitro/gas sure seems alot easier, fill the tank fly.Oh well will keep trying to figure this electric stuff out.