RCU Forums - View Single Post - Larger Revolver
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2014, 04:26 PM
mach2
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went out for a couple more flights yesterday morning. Again, we couldn't find the charger for our video camera so my wife just took some cell phone video. It's not great video, but it's video none the less. After flying WITH the canopy on I could tell it was a little more tail heavy than it was with the canopy off. I haven't measured it since I did the changes, but it is on the verge of being tail heavy. I am personally good with it. It is more agile, but still flies solid. I wouldn't want it any more aft though. With that said, even with a ton of deflection on the elevators and an aggressive CG, the Revolver's airframe simply does not allow it to do a FLAT spin (upright or inverted) like an Edge 540. I expected this to be the case since this really is a sport plane, but I wanted to see if I could find the limit of the Revolver. I did do a short spin in the video (45 degrees of deflection on the elevators), but I mostly did typical sport flying. I did try and do some hovering, but it was just too gusty.

Anyway, here's some Revolver footage...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgr0...zfV0-1cjA35yLg

Jeremy

Last edited by mach2; 10-29-2014 at 09:31 PM.