RCU Forums - View Single Post - C-ARF Ultra Flash build Thread + Video
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2014, 04:16 AM
mullerr

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello,
I fly off a both a paved runway as well as a grass strip.
I fly my flash with a Cheetah, take offs are a breeze on either surface, and flight envelope is great, it's very fast and also quite slow.
I get more comments on its slow flight than how bloody fast it goes! So it does go slow if you fly it gently. Most of my flight is at half stick.
My buddy flies his on a Rabbit, still takes off fine on either surface, but you want to be sure to use the full length of the grass strip.
(runway behind you is useless)
During a flight at a busy club with surrounding obstacles you can't really spool up the Cheetah, but vertical is sweet.
with a Rabbit the plane seems to fly just quick, as long as the Cheetah can't really stretch it's legs to build its momentum up.
My buddy loves his with the Rabbit, it flies great, it does look very light in the air.
I do recall one situation where he wanted a Cheetah.
He was excited to fly and tried to takeoff without taxiing the full length of our strip, as he lacked speed he aborted, unfortunately he ran into the rough grass and his plane flopped onto its top, unfortunately it broke its nose!
During the walk back to the pits his only comment was, I WISH I HAD MY CHEETAH in it !!!!!!!!!!
Hope that helps a bit, I would lean towards too much power, in my opinion too much power is just enough!
Richard