RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite Giant Scale Spitfire ARF
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2014, 08:36 AM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spit,

Thank you very much for the pics. That's very helpful. May I ask, where did you order the shorter stand-offs from? I agree that the unsupported bottom of the firewall could be an area of concern. I'm glad you like flying the plane. It was actually the first giant-scale warbird I ever saw fly. The guy had a Supertigre 3000 in it with scale exhaust coming out of the stacks. When he landed, it was sooooo slow with flaps at 80 degrees. I nearly passed out from holding my breath too long. I ordered one a few days later and it took me a long time to finish it because I was acting at the time and on tour with a musical. I managed to bring the tail feathers back with me after a brief trip back home, and my cast-mates were pretty intrigued with what I was doing since I was building/covering the elevators and rudder in the hotels. I ended up wrecking the plane on the maiden because I misunderstood the CG instructions and flew very nose-heavy. My Moki 1.8 overheated a few minutes into the flight and all the up-elevator in the world couldn't keep the bird from pitching hard-over and smashing into the ground.