RCU Forums - View Single Post - UMS Evolution Radial Care and Operation
Old 11-03-2014, 11:13 AM
chorner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey guys I recently purchased one of the Evo 7-77 engines; damn cool! I want to make sure it's taken care of properly (am very 'anal' about keeping my stuff in mint condition) - and after looking through the entire thread, I have to wonder if anyone has tried to drill and tap their own crankcase breather nipple? That would surely help drain and fill the crankcase with after-run oils in a much easier and better way than lifting off the bloody rocker covers and using a small pump at the end of each flying session. That's a little TOO anal for me =) haha either that or I was thinking of running the engine dry, then injecting some oils through the fuel inlet and turning over the engine a handful of times.

Has to be a better way than the existing method...

Also I'm trying to find some solid numbers on the average flight time and what size fuel tank is recommended. I'm going to put this in a Hangar 9 60CC Corsair (love that plane!) and it comes with a 22ounce tank, but thinking of dropping in a 32ouncer for a more comfortable "safety" buffer to hit an easy 10-12 minute flight time.