RCU Forums - View Single Post - Interference issues with Futaba 14Sg
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2014, 06:49 AM
mattnew
My Feedback: (2)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by boimamao
Tks Guys, Flutter indeed did not pass in my mind since I was not flying fast. Since this is my first gaser I`m going really easy on the first flights. I did check the linkage and everything seems to be pretty fixed. Servo arms are not all the way to the end and the aroworks pre-hinged ailerons seems to be nicelly finished. A friend of mine told me Digital Servos are not Gaser best friends. have u heard about it? See below pictures of the linkage: Now I`m thinking about testing new servos. I`m just not sure if I buy a even a Digital but stronger one or a Analog.

So from the pictures things look to be ok... lots of questions following, I'm mainly trying to give you ideas to help debug your problem...

Can you move the aileron back and forth at all with the servo not moving?
Your hinge line looks tight, you could try sealing it with a strip of monokote or ultracote if you wanted, but it looks pretty good

While from your description I still think your problem is mechanical, the next thing I'd look at would be the connections and extensions from the servo to the receiver. any chance a connection is weak causing the servo to twitch? You might try swapping out an extension for the servo...

can you make it twitch on the ground?

The servos you have installed are very high end servos. Its always possible that you have a bad one...I don't think I'm convinced of that though .... btw you mentioned getting a stronger servo....305oz/in of torque for a single aileron on a 50cc gasser is a bit like bringing a gun to a knife fight. What I mean by this is.. you don't need more torque or more speed here. You'd be fine with a servo that provides 150oz/in for each aileron in almost all but the most extreme situations. So sure, try swapping out another servo in your testing... just don't feel like you need to go spend $200 for an aileron servo.
As an example( don't feel you need to do what I do here... ) I use the following on most of my 30cc-50cc gassers for aileron servos and have had 0 issues
http://www.servocity.com/html/s3071h...l#.VFjmm0uRdHE

Again, you have excellent servos, if you are worried 1 might be a dud, swap it out, not knowing your budget is I just didn't want you thinking you needed bigger/better servos that what you have.

Good luck in finding the problem...