RCU Forums - View Single Post - Large scale Luftwaffe/Axis forum..
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2014, 04:27 PM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

It is an L12, 100 mm, with 100-1 gear ratio. R denotes for RC use, which makes it 6 volt. I think this is digital servo based. It sounds like it.

There are a number of things going on in the mounting. I put a little tab on the ply tounge to keep the canopy from lifting up. This rides on spruce rails glued under the canopy floor on the inside of the fuse. I just drilled a hole in the canopy tongue to accept the clevis. On the end of the actuator, I just drilled and tapped the plastic insert that screws into the end of the actuator. I soft mounted the actuator in the middle as I will be running a 55 CC gasser and felt his may give it more life.
I have a small carbon rod on the canopy frame that slides into the front canopy frame when closed. This will keep the airflow from getting under it and throwing it off in flight. I am also adding a cockpit combing gasket around the edge of the canopy. Not only is this scale, it makes it look a lot better and really seals of the joint when closed. Pretty happy with it so far, as this is my first attempt at an operable canopy.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01898.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	2045731   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01897.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	2045732   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01895.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	1.22 MB