RCU Forums - View Single Post - Xtreme ARF F-84F is coming soon!
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2014, 11:44 PM
rchobbymodels

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by olnico
Sorry Wagner.
As an aero CAD designer I have to step up here.

The elements of CAD that were shown so far were just a basic simulation with Ansis showing the laminar flow around the airframe and a meshing.
This in itself is the first step under Ansis in a workflow that requires over 200 steps and a considerable amount of knowledge to fully evaluate a product flight envelope and characteristics.
The second step is usually to characterize boundary layer limits and stall conditions, including limit alfa, stall speed vs mass, critical Reynolds number. Not seen.

Doing material resistance tests on an aircraft CAD product requires to have a structural assembly inputted into a DMU module for DMU composite review in a very advanced software like Catia.
What was shown on RCU was a basic surfacic part that could barely be used to trace formers.

There is absolutely no evidence that even a basic CAD analysis was conducted on any airframe so far on the aero and material resistance side.
Oli,

Please you should jump any time, any participation has a great value, Xtreme Arf could answer this for you, but as I have the knowledge and accompanied the development I have all the final data but Xtreme told me to not publish they consider classified data, they choose the ones that I could post, so because this you do not see to much information at the RCU, this only shows the way they are doing business. This tests were not performed in China, an European aerospace engineer was hired to do this tests, Catia as well Solidworks were used in those. For the material analysis, all the material and their specs table were provided and also all composites they are using and all parts that will be reinforced and different simulations were done to find the best material application for the best result.

There is another engineer here at RCU that is following this development too and he has all data as well.

I hope this address your concerns