RCU Forums - View Single Post - Large scale Luftwaffe/Axis forum..
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2014, 06:23 PM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

The parts are deceptively wrong! lol Like they are skewed. Some are fine, then some are wrong in just the width, or just the length.

As a machinist in a cabinet shop, I know what is going on, and it is lazy programming. Also, he just grabs scraps laying around to make a certain part. That is why he does not ship parts in full sheets for shipping protection. (Hence the bag of puzzle pieces for formers) This also explains why some ribs are 3/16" , or 1/8", or 3/32" When they should all be 1/8". I could go on and on! lol.

Look at this lower former. It is 1/4" over sized. So everything about it is wrong. The shoulder cuts for the stringers cannot be fixed. I will have to re cut this part. These kinds of items are the reason why you buy a kit. So you do not have to cut ply, and inside scroll cuts.

I have the wood, and the machines, so not a huge deal for me, but I did pay $450 for this thing. I learned my lesson hard, on my first kit cutter experience. If you want this work done, do some serious homework, and heed negative comments. Unfortunately, I did not find any before I ordered this kit.

On a positive note, I am in the middle of a Ziroli Stuka as well. I got my kit from National balsa. It is what you should expect. That plane has fallen together with no issues. Perfect wood as well. Not scraps thrown in a bag! lol
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01904.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	2045944  

Last edited by vertical grimmace; 11-08-2014 at 06:39 PM.