RCU Forums - View Single Post - Looking for a good switch mount
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2014, 05:23 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Bozarth
I used to use the push/pull on off switch by Dubro for years. I had also heard rumors of instances where the switch turned off due to vibration. I didn't believe them until I had it happened to me. I was running a pattern plane secured by the tail in the run-up area. At some point I lost throttle control, shut the engine down manually, and then discovered the switch was off. Happened again. We then tried again a third time and actually watched the pull/push switch slowly walk itself out to off. I stopped using them from then on. You could not have convinced me that this was possible, but it was.

Kurt
That's an interesting point Kurt and something I have never had happen. Curious since I use the Dubro for virtually everything except the pylon racers where I always used an internal mount with just a tiny wire with a ninety degree bend sticking out for low drag and do have one of those fancy combo switchs on my first turbine now (the one thing I hate about those is they require such humongous cutouts in the airplane).

So the problem Kurt described got me thinking, what am I doing perhaps differently? Well hmm, the push/pull rod which comes with the Dubro is a rather tight fit in the hollow bolt as it come out of the package and I have always been in the habit of drilling out the bolt just a little with a letter drill for totally free movement. Maybe this is why I have never ran across this problem? Don't know. Anyway the Dubro is still may favorite.

John