RCU Forums - View Single Post - Another Drone Pilot does it Again
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2014, 03:52 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by init4fun
Here's something cool to try , cause I did this and was rather surprised at the results .

I asked 10 random aquaintances who don't know I'm into model planes , people like the guy I see at the deli each week and so forth , this one question ;

"Gee , ya sure see a lot of drone talk in the news lately , what do you think the difference is between a drone and a model plane ?"

and SEVEN out of ten came back with some form of "a drone has a job to do and a model plane is for fun" ..... 7 out of 10 !!!!! .... Now , I did not "coach" anyone nor ask the question in a "leading" way , I asked it simply as stated above . And so the general consensus of the small group of "civilians" asked agreed with CP and I that , despite some of the nonsense being posted earlier here , there really IS a clear cut difference between what a drone VS model plane is . This public perception of our model planes NOT being drones is well to our benefit and needs no blurring by folks who should know better than to be forcefully trying to associate the RC hobby with drone activity !
AMEN.....it just isn't any more complicated than this, Init4fun.