RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/2A Boomerang
Thread: 1/2A Boomerang
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2014, 11:00 AM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Winter is pushing itself through the door here by force, last few days have not been good RC days, I put up an EF-1 Shoestring on Saturday, but that was in 15-20mph winds and -3C temps, and it slices through that fine and it slows the landings right down. But I don't fly 1/2A, especially test fly them in those conditions. Not worth the misery.

Maybe we'll get a break.

But the cool tihing is I ordered one each of the HobbyKing Smart LiPO's with a recent order, one 250mAh and one 500mAh. The 250mAh unit is 13.5 grams.. a single LiPO integrated with a step-up voltage regulator/battery charger board. The battery can be disconnected from the board for storage, and is reconnected for the day's flying. There is a shorting plug that is removed to turn it on. So I'm guessing that there is a miniscule idle current when the battery is connected but the shorting plug is installed, hence the recommendation to remove the plug if the unit is not used within two weeks. The 500 mAh is only a few grams more.

I might rip out the 300mAh LiPO and searte step up regulator for this. I'll use them elsewhere but I want to use the cool & more compact stuff on the Boomerang. I'll add pics tonight.