RCU Forums - View Single Post - TF GS P47 Build - yeah another bloody one!!
Old 11-17-2014, 05:24 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey Bob,
yeah mate it did look good and you are right, it was FAST!! I haven't flown a fast mover before so a whole new learning curve for me. It was fun to fly though so I am leanging towards one of two options:

1. Build the Vampire I have sitting in the box but with a different ESC, thinking that a 120A YEP unit is the way to go, mate of mine Dave (ticketec) put me on to them as he uses them in his jets.

2. Test the fan/motor from the wrecked vampire and makse sure it is fine to reuse. If so I will then order just a bare version and for all my bits out of the crashed Vampire. Everything seems ok except for 1 servo that stripped. Just need to ensure the fan and motor are ok first.
If that is feasible I can sell of the other Vampire to cover my costs.

Weather, very hot and humid here. We had 41 on Sunday for last day of G20. Oh Bummer was trying to tell us we needed to pay a cimate change tax, go and stuff yourself oh bummer. Climate change is nothing but a sociast tax hiding behind a green environmental facade and put forward by the UN who get 10% of the taxes raised by western nations.

Biggest scam out apart from the halal certification scam which is with trillions globally and we poor suckers pay for that on all out food items now, go look at your product lables for the insidious little emblem on them. Grrrr

Anyway I would like some cool weather! She is like an oven to work in, even at night it is awful

good you are getting your Corsair sorted out.

My yellow chromate paint arrived yesterday so can finish off the bit on the outer doors. Still have to get some slow thinners before I do top colour.

Will do a bit of work on the colw mounts first, still not happy with those. Need to slo fit the mounting block inside fuz for dummy antenna.

Once that is done it will be time to start squirting a bit of silver down in the high wear areas so I can do a little weathering here and there. Step areas, around cockpit rim, leading edges of wing and stap, fin, and cowl.

Then to fit wing and squirt the light grey undersurfaces . . .

then plan out where the dark grey top surface needs to go and mark out camo.

blah blah