RCU Forums - View Single Post - are these blades any good for cp pro?
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2014, 07:33 AM
JPEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Mark,

Yes it was a good and exciting day even with the minor problems. To have pulled out the 500 but have not having flown in the year, and 450 pro fly bar that hadn't been flown in at least 3 to 4 years and to fly them was really a treat to be honest. The problems that I typified in the article were for the most part pilot error. I had my radio on the charger all night and yet perhaps I did not have the jack pushed in all the way that's the only thing I can think was the problem. When I came home the next day I put the battery on a icharger and it came up perfectly and held a high charge. The I turned the radio on for over an hour leaving it on trying to see how well a battery would hold and it did fine so I think there was just a charging error. I also took a voltmeter and checked the wall wort charger to make sure it was putting out the proper voltage and amperage so perhaps I just hadn't it stuck in far enough? When I landed the T 28 the first time because it has no flaps and our pilot box is in the middle of the runway it's a little hard as you come in a make that swing by the berm and the upper road as to depth wise to see where you're really at and on the first landing I came down about in front of me but ran out of runway at the end and was zigzagging a way of doing a poor man's breaking which stopped me a foot before the end of the runway and going into the brush. As the old saying goes, practice makes perfect, so on the second flight when I announced to the camera that this is going to be a tough landing I was a little better set being my second time but I got it down sooner and got that nice three wheel landing with a little bit of a bounce. Some of that bounces related to the wheels are use I've gone through three sets trying to find something that's not as resilient to stop that bouncing for at least minimize it. All in all it was a good day to fly three different vehicles it really made the juices go and bring back some of the skill I hope now that two weeks from today I'll be able to go back out and be in shape to go through that again.

Sounds like great news on the stinger you had your good day too congratulations! I hope you getyour CG right. Mine is off too. Same as you I need elevator to hold the plane level inverted, so that it's a task I need to finish before I go out again.

Take care

john