RCU Forums - View Single Post - Be Worried Now. NTSB Says RC=aircraft
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2014, 05:44 AM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Lifer
While I have no concern about passing a flight test to acquire a license, I do object to the government controlling our hobby. I believe the growing number of people flying anywhere they want to, and in any fashion they desire is the source of the problem. Now, with the ability to fly beyond line-of-sight with no accountability for their choices of how and where they fly will bring about this regulation. I think the promotion and sale of the suav's is the final straw. Greed of the retailers who sell them and a lack of discipline to the few who fly them irresponsibly (and then post the videos in a contest of outrageousness) is taking it's toll.

It's going to be interesting!
^This^

It only takes a few idiots to ruin the punch for the rest of us. There is one way we can fight back, just remember who is in office and vote them out. Find candidates who will support our hobby, and stand behind them. This goes not only for our hobby, but for everything else the gestapo, er, government is doing now to try to control all aspects of our lives.

I am in favor of fining idiots like this, but, not for added regulations for a hobby such as ours. A few rules regarding UAV's, yes, keep them line of sight, or face fines, dont fly them close to people or buildings, unless it is being done under a permitted purpose such as movie making, or some sort of commercial enterprise, and done under strict guidance pertaining to the issued permit. Other than that, leave us alone to enjoy our hobby.