RCU Forums - View Single Post - What are some of your favort jet Servos and why?
Old 11-19-2014, 06:49 AM
mikes68charger
My Feedback: (34)

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default What are some of your favort jet Servos and why?

Ok, as one who has moved up to turbine jets from larg war birds I have come to relize that there is a real differance in the equipment used.

In the war bird world, you will see peaple flying 110in birds with muti cylinders motors with HS645 (133oz analog) to JR8711 (400oz digital)

On the larger Imac/3d planes 110in you see the same but diffrent peaple useing HK servos to the massvie JR8711 or HS 7955 or bigger, but when I read the reviews of these JR8711 and read about the bad servo gear lash within a sort time or the issues "some" have had with the HS7955 It seems a lot harder to pick a upper end servo.

When I ask my local flying buddes it there choses all relate to there past exsperaces, (I have been useing JR since JR has been in the US) , my best jet buddy almost always uses HK servos but this makes me feel uneasy, But as someone who has only been fly for 3 1/2 years I dont have any past relastion with servos or there companys.

And to make it worse almost every jet I have has diffrent company servos,

IE, my Skymaster F15 has all Hitec HS5645 and HS7955, my Carf Eurosport has Spectrum 6030 all around, my Carf rookie has 444oz Savox servos, and for the reason for this posting, the Velox XL I just picked up had all JR servos in ( I got it with no servos but was told if I did not use JR8711 the jet would self destruct at the speeds it flys, but the manufactor seems to recomend any digital servos over 150oz)

I guess thats were I find the jet part of this hobby odd, In large IMAC they need there huge servos becouse they truly are moveing very large control areas with a lot of deflection, War bird guys fly at such lower speeds and low deflection compaired to jets I see why some get a way with HS645 vs JR8711

But I understand that our jets have very wide speed ranges and depending upon the design most of the time have low deflections, except for full flying stabs and delta wings.

So Im going to start ordering my servos for this Velox Xl, but Im not sure which servos to get as I am some what budget effected.

So I ask if the manufactor calls for digital servos at least of 150oz, what are some of your fav servos that fall in this catagory? As Im going to need 8 new servos (ali, flaps, 2 elevator, 2 rudder)

I was thinking of Savox SC-0251 as there digital/mg and have more than needed power and are around $40 X8 =$320

Savox SC-0251
Speed(@6.0V sec/60): .18Torque(@6.0V oz-in): 222.2

I have had good luck with these on my Eurosport at $72 X8 = $576 big price diffrance from the Savox.

Spectrum 6030
Digital 278oz/ 0.15 sec

I have these in my F15, one dose seem to have more gear nose than the other, but so far no issues. but at $99 each even with tower discount will be around $780 this is out of my current budget.

Hitec HS7955
Digital 333/ .15

So what MG / Digital servos do you guys like around 150oz or above and still being some what price wise.

Thanks guys.
[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD="class: label"][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: label"] [/TD]
[TD][h=3][/h]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]