RCU Forums - View Single Post - New JR 3 Axis Aeroplane Gyro
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2014, 08:35 AM
Mark Vandervelden

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Carston

I know from past experience of actual use that when using the JR RG731BX with the XG14 in mode "A" as is required to operate this new X-Bus gyro I defiantly did not get active PWM outputs from the RXs outputs. I used two of these DMSS X-Bus RXs a wile back with Powerbox SRS eqipment, both the I-Gyro and Competition, they also requires JRs type "A" X-Bus and no PMW outputs were avialabe, I had a long period of emailing back and forth with the UK JR rep and Richard at Powerbox about this lack of PWM outputs and also about the conflicts you get when using JR telemetry and multiple sats or RXs. All party's were very helpful as I believe I was the first to use these setups out in the field but as far as I'm aware nothing has changed fundamentally since then.

"Carston" How do you get the PWM and X-Bus outputs to work on the 7ch X-Bus Rx at the same time? It would be very helpful if they did and make the X-Bus system far more practical.

Type "B" X-Bus was a result of makeing JR X-Bus compatible with Freakware, Beast X and Mikado V-Bar flybarless Gyro Systems and is similar to Jeti UDI, Multiplex and Futaba. If you look at the XG 14 Tx manuel page 92, there it states there will only be 12ch available and no PWM outputs from the RX in that mode either, see a section of the relevant page in the XG14 manual below.

MODE.A : This is the JR’s own Original mode it corresponds to the X-Bus servo, Gyro system or able to
allocate Channel ID from the transmitter.

MODE.B : This is serial protocol mode it is corresponds to Freakware, Beast X and Mikado V-Bar flybarless
gyro systems.
Out putting channels are used as follows. Maximum channel is limited to 12channel for this application.
1)
Aileron
2)
Elevator
3)
Rudder
4)
AUX1 ((Pitch/Flap)
5)
Throttle
6)
GEAR
7)
AUX2
8)
AUX3
9)
AUX4
10)
AUX5
11)
AUX6
12)
AUX7
※ Note carefully that there will be “NO” PWM output signals from standard ports at the receiver when X.Bus has
been activated in MODE.B.
Airplane
CAUTION
Glider
System List

Last edited by Mark Vandervelden; 11-19-2014 at 09:03 AM.