RCU Forums - View Single Post - Be Worried Now. NTSB Says RC=aircraft
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2014, 07:42 PM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnShe
Well init, you could be right, except you have lifted LCS's remark out of context. He was replying to this:

" Originally Posted by vertical grimmace

Maybe more the FAA. Issuing NOTAMS, that effect RC activities, with very little notice, that have an incredibly large area covered unnecessarily. That is why.

What if your club, has an event that they have worked to organize all year, that is needed to help pay their bills, and 2 day before the event a NOTAM is declared that shuts the event down? Where I live, the closest airport is 20 miles away from my flying site. It has been shut down before. How is a line of sight model a threat from 20 miles away? Very unreasonable IMO."

This has nothing to do with my remark about the NTSB. The NTSB does not issue these egregious NOTAMs, nor does the FAA directly. They are coming out of the posterior of the DHS. Unfortunately, the FAA has to enforce them.

The FAA has along history of supporting model aviation, so I am certain that all will be well.
Now; DHS and "egregious NOTAMs" = Before; "I cannot think of a single experience with the government that I had that was in any way unfair"... So, your contradictions have me convinced. LOL

Look, I understand there is no way to win an argument with you but the impossible challenge is a hobby of mine...Thank you for obliging me. LOL