RCU Forums - View Single Post - Be Worried Now. NTSB Says RC=aircraft
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2014, 09:05 AM
JohnShe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HoundDog
We are only 130K strong and maybe a half million flying some kind of R/C. When the comment period to the FAA on the subject they only received 30 some thousand comments. How do U expect to vote out those that side with the NTSB & FAA. It's imperative that we keep informing our congressmen and senators as to the plight of out Hobby/Sport and the Importance of keeping the government out of regulating it out of existence like they have pretty much done to General Aviation. Just be happy the Lawyers haven't found us YET.
There will be no regulations for recreational model aviation, we have already won. As far as siding with the NTSB, DHS and FAA, their purpose is to protect all forms of aviation and that is exactly what they are trying to do. We can argue the quality of their work I suppose, but it won't get us anywhere.

Have you read any of the comments? The FAA is reviewing them at a rate of 100 to 300 every work day and posting them on the website. I pick through the newly posted ones in a sort of semi-random fashion, and I am horrified by the low quality and ignorance displayed in those comments. Decent meaningful comments are so rare that I can go for several days in a row and never find one.