RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite '.60 size' P-51D Mustang ARF: Building & Modifications
Old 11-24-2014, 01:27 PM
Bob Paris
My Feedback: (13)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Hay Raptureboy,
All I have is the Tower CG machine. It works...not the best, but it works. I am looking to buy a CG machine that is nuts on and easy to use. The Tower unit is kind of flimsy at best, especially with models over 15# (7 kilo's). Where did you buy your Vanessa CG machine?

There seems to be an issue over the years with the CG on the Top Flight P-51D ARF. I chose to use the 5.25" placement for the CG to be a bit nose heavy for my first flights and it turned out to be right on the button for my type of flying. If you like to be a bit more aerobatic, you may take the manual figure for the CG. All I know is that my Mustang flies like its on rails and rock solid on landing. Full flaps or no flaps...its a easy bird to land, at least for me.

I'm not sure exactly what 20cc gas engine I will use...I'm also looking at the new OS 20cc gas engine that uses no electronic ignition...but a spark/glow plug. My model with a K&B 1.00 Aero engine came out nose heavy, but its not a light engine, and in fact the new OS engine is lighter. I'll be rereading all the threads on the instillation of a 20cc gas engine in this thread and then make my decision on what I'll use then. But there is one thing I'll always need to say...this is one great flying model.

Soft Landings Always,
Bobby of Maui

Last edited by Bob Paris; 11-24-2014 at 01:30 PM.