RCU Forums - View Single Post - Need some help with a fiberglass Panther kit
Old 11-26-2014, 11:40 AM
mikes68charger
My Feedback: (34)

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Art ARRO
I understand that there are scale outline errors with the PST Panther- ie, the tail shape is incorrect for one of the - versions of the Panther. If you plan to compete with the model I suggest that you verify the outline to your set of documentation. If competing in AMA Fun Scale, this may not be necessary, only for AMA Sport Scale where the outline is considered for the Static Score. It may be worth checking on this.
Terry H. may chime in here as he has bullt and flown the PST Panther-but don't know if he has competed with it though.
I had one of the early "splash offs" of the Ziroli version but the fuselage had a serious warp in it. Ended up trashing it and selling the retracts/struts/wheels to someone building the balsa version from plans.
Rgds,
Art ARRO
Thanks for the heads up. Im still relatively new to rc flight 3 1/2 years now. I competed in the NASA Fun scale and came in first in both the Beginner an Novice brackets. So I was told next year 2015 I will be able to complete in fun scale exspert, and sportsman sport scale. I was told NASA is a lot like Scale Master

Im wanting to build something to compete with. Im almost done with a Jerry Bates Dauntless but I love my turbines so much and weather anyone will admit it I think those who compet with turbines get a few cool points

I just finished fiberglassing my TFG P51 today so im ready to dive in on this panther
Thanks for the heads up
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20141126_103903.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	2.12 MB
ID:	2050301