RCU Forums - View Single Post - Kolm 135 install in CARF Mustang
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2014, 09:25 AM
kimhey

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Tom, thank you! Very valuable information, just what I need.
It looks to me that you have directed the cooling air around each sylinder, by splitting the "in"-air, so each sylinder gets cooled from air with the same temperature (so that nr 2 sylinder is not cooled with air already warmed by nr 1 sylinder). Am I correct?

DrScoles, the tempsensors (all telemetry sensors) need a designated "slot". You can compare it to a servo needing a "channel"
I too have the 18mz, and you need to take a look in the 18mz manual, chapter "telemetry" It is explained step by step. That said, I needed some trail and error myself before I understood how to give each sensor each own slot My three sensors are all connected to the sbus2 connection on the 7008 rx, using one y-cabel into another y-cabel. Basically, you just add them together, or solder your own cabel till you get all the connectors you need for your number of senors.... ( boy, I hope this makes sense).

I also use a optical rpm sensor, very useful for inflight feedback and idle running, especially for a "beginner" as me (I am a turbine guy with limited experience and knowledge about gas engines, slowly getting there)....

My Carf Spit was bought 2nd hand from a fellow that lost interest in the project almost before it got started. Not much done when I bought it, but a 3W 75 engine was mounted with a cooling hole (a bit large to my liking) already cut in the cowling. I may end up closing it, and cutting a new one, but I wait until the Kolm 135 is mounted.

I have not decided what colour/scheme I will go for, I might even keep the stock silver... But that belongs in another thread maybe? Or is it ok (you ar the OP) to post pictures of the spit as well?

Thanks for the info about the brass nipples.

Kim

Last edited by kimhey; 11-29-2014 at 09:28 AM.