RCU Forums - View Single Post - time to stop the dromes..........NOW
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2014, 09:06 AM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vertical grimmace
Of course a large aircraft can turn a tight radius. The issue is more about making the maneuver look correct. So I suppose if you scaled down the entire program, so it maintained it's symmetry, then it would look fine.

Maybe I missed something though, why are we limited to 400'? Is this just your idea yo appease an agency, or has this been officially brought up? Where I fly, there is absolutely no reason to create such a low ceiling, as we are not anywhere near an airport.

So with that said, all this discussion of airplane size, maneuver size, box size etc. is moot.
I'm an advocate for LOS only, no FPV for PIC, a 400' AGL absolute limit, no flight within 5NM of class D airport or horizontal limits of class C or B airports, no flight within the lateral limits of a VR, IR, or SR military training route during the periods of operation, and no flight in restricted or prohibited airspace. That vastly reduces the risk of RC airplanes, drones, etc. coming into contact with full scale in a policy that can be defined in a simple sentence (therefore easily enforced, communicated, managed, and understood). Most of all, it also makes it consistent everywhere in US.

Last edited by franklin_m; 11-30-2014 at 09:09 AM. Reason: add info & correct punctuation