RCU Forums - View Single Post - time to stop the dromes..........NOW
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2014, 09:14 AM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by franklin_m
I'm an advocate for a 400' agl limit, and no flight within 5NM of class D airport or horizontal limits of class C or B airports, and nothing within the lateral limits of a VR, IR, or SR military training route during the periods of operation.
Well, even if that were to come to pass (a concession I may or may not support) It really would not matter, as if an IMAC event were to be planned, scheduled in a given area, those flying sites within this restriction would be avoided. The same with the soaring community. The reason why the safety record with full scale vs, models, is that the modelers stay away from the full scales. This seems to be something the idiots in the news do not care about.
I am going to assert that the model aircraft community is by and large an educated and responsible group, many closely tied to full scale aircraft. I am of the opinion that those that are flying FPV, the ones creating the close calls and flying near airports, are not. We did not have this problem before FPV showed up. So who is the problem?