RCU Forums - View Single Post - time to stop the dromes..........NOW
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2014, 10:22 AM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by franklin_m
I'm an advocate for LOS only, no FPV for PIC, a 400' AGL absolute limit, no flight within 5NM of class D airport or horizontal limits of class C or B airports, no flight within the lateral limits of a VR, IR, or SR military training route during the periods of operation, and no flight in restricted or prohibited airspace.
Based on his comments this morning, it looks like I wasn't too far from the mark. I don't have any inside knowledge other than formal training in military aviation safety as well as experience running safety programs. I think it's a case that I probably think the same way his advisors do, and what I'm hearing is what I'd have advised him to do.

If the ultimate policy is along these lines, it strikes a good, reasonable, and defensible balance that protects the traveling public while preserving the majority of legitimate hobby use. Simultaneously, it establishes clear lines of right and wrong, therefore is easier to enforce, is easy to make consistent across the country, and it directly addresses the majority of the problems to date.

Last edited by franklin_m; 11-30-2014 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Reword for clarity.