RCU Forums - View Single Post - time to stop the dromes..........NOW
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2014, 10:44 AM
cloudancer03
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes I watched the interview this morning.airline pilots are reporting approx 25 close encounters per month and further commented that several pilots took evasive actionspro to avoid what they felt were potential collisions.its hard to argue that drones are free to roam the skies unregulated flying several thousand feet in air for miles when airlines are ferrying thousands of passengers in the skies.the head of the FA was clear that we need to maintain line of site steer clear of airports and likely use the 400 ft ceiling.and it's clear that drones intended to be used for commerce will require some for of pilot certifcation.for the most part I agree.he did reflect he was trying to get clarification working with the model plane industry.i have been flying rc almost 40 years and never an issue.when on a flying site in close quarters with full scale airplanes.used common sense.the prevalence of quad copter and technology advances has afforded many rc folks the opportunity to fly high and far.i personally find quads boring but I also believe if that's what turns your head enjoy it.the far has every right to assure the flying public the skies are safe.they need to be mindful of respecting our hobby.i hope when the clamor stops and cool heads prevail rc will continue to thrive.there is room for unmanned aircraft we all need to be smart and responsible about it.change is always difficult but it's not going away in fact there are hundreds of useful purposes for unmanned aircraft beyond killing terrorist.