RCU Forums - View Single Post - Who are you?
Thread: Who are you?
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2014, 10:49 AM
apache 1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm Phil. Another mason. Uneducated farm boy who hit the city of Toronto on his motorcycle when I was 16. I live in Oakville now with my wife,( japanese submarine captains' daughter, apple didn't fall far from the tree, real tight ship around here). No kids as we left it too long , she's 42 and I'm 49, but were still trying. Got into rc boats when I went looking to buy a new toy at an rc shop. Stopped riding bikes when I met the wife because she hated it. Also it didn't make sence having an expensive Harley around when I was not using it.
Besides, I've written off a couple, lots of scars and the top half of my head is plastic, think my 9 lives are up anyway. Went into the rc shop thinking about buying a truck but came out with a big yellow apache basket case with an old chainsaw engine. Been hooked ever since. Think sometimes I liked those old school days better when you everything yourself.
I'm a bit of a technophob, like hands on stuff best, went kicking and screaming to learn the computor,still struggling with it. Don't know why I like tinkering so much as I'm not well suited for it. My hands might as well be pizza boxes sometimes I swear,don't know how you other masons do it, must be the challenge.
Haven't been on here in a while as I got interested in other things, A 24 ft San Juan keel boat. And just finished my 66 El Camino, "Elly". She shore is Purdy.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	el camino 66.jpg
Views:	1325
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	2051900   Click image for larger version

Name:	pics 1 007.jpg
Views:	599
Size:	967.9 KB
ID:	2051901   Click image for larger version

Name:	pics 1 068.jpg
Views:	608
Size:	1.95 MB