RCU Forums - View Single Post - Electronics 1/8 buggy, truggy or 1/10th SC 4wd
Old 12-03-2014, 11:48 AM
trekathlete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electronics 1/8 buggy, truggy or 1/10th SC 4wd

Hey everyone,

I am looking for either a 8th scale buggy, truggy or 10th scale Short Course 4wd for my local track. I am an associated fan so I am primarily looking at those vehicles but I now need a little help with electronics and your opinions on them.

I don't need the absolutely best radio/receiver/servos on the market but something that is good enough to get the job done well. I was looking at the Futaba 3pl or the 3prka. I am really looking for used as well. I want to get into this hobby for as little as possible because I am a student and my wife probably won't see this as a MUST. Are these decent radios? Any other ideas?

The next part I need to figure out is Speed Control / Motor / Battery combination. I have no experience in choosing LiPO's or Brushless motors or Speed Controls for these new cars. Again I don't want the absolute best just something that is good enough to get me in the door and be able to compete. I imagine if I had the fastest car on the track I'll still won't win because of lack of experience racing on a course. So I am almost aiming at a lower speed, quality handling vehicle so I can learn the ropes and move up to the more experienced classes.

I will also need a charger so any ideas on these as well?

I am basically doing research now and looking for stuff on ebay and CL. I will probably pick up a few magazines for research as well to get back up to speed on products and new companies on the market. The race season is over so there isn't a big community I can go check out for information. I will check one of my local hobby shops for information as well.

Well all thoughts are appreciated thanks!