RCU Forums - View Single Post - Kolm 135 install in CARF Mustang
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2014, 09:41 AM
youngguy
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kimhey
Ok here goes...pictures of my Carf Spitfire/Kolm 135 installation (and a few mandatory cockpit shots as well) Still lots to do, but I am getting there

I needed to mount the engine, so I can begin the baffling job/construction (which I must admit, is giving me "headache", as I have never done an inline engine before). I will copy fellow modellers solutions, based on pictures in this thread. There is not much room between the engine and the cowling at certain spots. I will make the left/right side panels of the cowling removable for easier access/maintainance.
I look forward on how you will do this. Having owned a few 1/5 Spits and losing the most recent because of engine overheating I am very interested in the ducting (one of my favourite aircraft). Your inlet air looks to be quite large. Is this based on any previous experience?
All my previous models where fuelled with methanol and engine heating was never a problem. the last one was gasoline and the engine cooling was a nightmare for me.