RCU Forums - View Single Post - Electronics 1/8 buggy, truggy or 1/10th SC 4wd
Old 12-04-2014, 11:02 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Actually, that Associated Pro-Lite is based on the same race chassis as other Associated trucks, so it IS race-bread. No worries there.
I haven't seen many kits in the racing arena, but what I have seen are Expen$ive-o. Think Durango, Kyosho, Mugen. Tamiya makes a boatload of kits, but they mostly do "rolling models", not serious racing machines.

You will really be amazed with the modern brushless motor / LiPo battery power. They can rival nitro cars these days as far as power and speed. Nitro still has the edge on run times. But as long as you have more than one or two LiPos, you just keep swapping in a new pack and off you go again! (Still takes about an hour to charge a depleted pack) Just be sure to use the "Storage" function on your charger with your Lipos. This charges them to their "resting voltage" and will significantly add to the life of your packs. Oh, and of course, be sure to use the Lipo Low-Voltage-Cutoff (LVC) in the ESC to prevent over-discharging the Lipo. Don't discharge a lipo below 3.0V/cell. And always use a Lipo charger.

I love helping new folks get started, just like others helped me when I got into it. This forum is an excellent resource. Good luck with your purchase and let us know how ya do.