RCU Forums - View Single Post - time to stop the dromes..........NOW
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2014, 10:43 AM
flapwad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mike1974
It's amazing how the Human Race can be so mind boggling intelligent and at the same time so mind numbingly stupid. I'm actually very surprised we have not accidentally caused our own extinction yet.

How about we just ground all full scale aircraft? Problem solved. j/k lol

All the poeple that want very strict regulations or all out bans answer me this:

How did alcohol prohibition work out? Created a black market, loss of taxes, countless lives ruined and lots of deaths.
How has the illegality of prostitution worked out? More STD's, wasting enormous resources on non-violent victomless crimes, countless lives ruined.
How has the war on peo........drugs worked out? I could go on forever. 1 trillion spent, millions of lives ruined, families destroyed, 25% of this countries populous jailed and drugs are now easier to get and cheaper then ever before! Probably one of the Governments most epic of FAILS!!
That 25% statistic might be off just a bit:

Current US population= 317 million
Total US persons incarcerated = 2.3 million
= 0.73%
Even if you add in all those on probation and parole, the rate is "only" 2.2%
Other countries jail at a higher rate, but because the average US sentence is MUCH longer than other developed nations, we house the highest percentage of our population in jail at any given time.

So we're bad, but not THAT bad.

The US does house about 25% of the world's total prisoners, maybe that's what you were thinking of?