RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dual Rx battery/Switch Set-up?
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2014, 11:35 AM
Boomerang1

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by pedroaleman65
These are not evolta or eneloop. If the diagram shows an AA or Mignon size, it must be an old type. The new AAA or micro size could give you 3-4 amps. If my AA were that weak, all my machines come down.
The curves may be of the older type of Eneloop cells.

When the cells were introduced of course I did some research into them and this is what I found, it's still posted on the net.

Next step was to measure what current the types of servos I use when under heavy load or stalled. The most powerful I use
drag less than one amp stalled so I'm comfortable using the Eneloop batteries for my applications. If the next lot I buy (the
originals are still working perfectly) have better discharge characteristics, well, even better!

Lots of guys that were having issues with the early Spektrum stuff was using the supplied 4.8V battery.
Yep, lots of guys had lots of other problems with Spektrum too, the antenna carry-on & changing DSM types as well.
I'm not an 'early adopter' when it comes to new technology, I tend to hang back for a couple of years & wait for the
people who are to work through the problems & crash THEIR models. Me? I just changed to Futaba 2.4 which has never
had issues on 4 cell packs.

John.