RCU Forums - View Single Post - Anybody Else Thinks RCGroups.com Sucks?
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2014, 01:30 PM
SoloProFan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueBorderRC
I'll be honest I used to go to the rcgroups.com forums and it wasn't too long before I realize theirs two loser dorks named SoloProFan and WParsons that reply to EVERY thread even EVERY comment on the forums and all they do is contradict, correct, and try to prove how much smarter they are then you. I have even proven them wrong before on the threads in front of everybody and still even with there badgering smart provoking comments they get the people who disagree with them kicked off the site. Its not just me, I know others who's been kicked off because SoloProFan or WParsons went and whined like babys to the moderator because somebody didn't agree with them and had them kicked off the site. Members of rcgroups.com act like these guys are god and kiss their butts so much it's sick. Screw rcgroups.com its such a childish clicked up website.

I must say I'm not very surprised that such a "retaliation thread" was started. When I saw this, my initial thought was to let it be. But then again, it's better to have both sides of this story, right?

First of all, you were never banned because other members like WParsons and me simply asked for that. You far over-estimate our role in this. When someone, also others than you mentioned, didn't agree with you, he would be in for an unpleasant surprise, with insulting remarks from you and more. This obnoxious behavior, later even accompanied by personal messages you sent, with threats of beating people up badly, got you infracted and later banned.

Also there is a very simple reason WParsons and me posted in many threads back then. At the time you were active on RCG, there were but a few regularly active members on the cars section. So we just had to try and reply to most threads, or new members posting there, asking questions, would not get any reply. Then they could start to feel ignored and think "so nobody on this site cares about my problem, I'll move on..." and not get the help they asked for.

Originally Posted by phmaximus
That's not good, but I don't know if its a good idea to start badmouthing them on another forum, but then again its interesting to know.

If the moderators are kicking people for a different opinion that's wrong, but if they are removing those people because of there language or personal attacks then its understandable.
All I can suggest is contact admin and make a complaint or avoid that site altogether.
Contacting a site admin is indeed the best way to solve issues, whether on RCG, or any forum. RCG has an appeal option, where, if you think that a moderator has made a bad decision, you can present your case, and if you have a good point, a correction will be made. But in this case all that happened was 2 more attempts to register with a different username, hoping the mods would never notice that, and be able to continue with the same attitude. Well, the mods on RCG may not be perfect, and neither am I, but they're not stupid, so they found out about the extra accounts, and did what any mod would do, if a banned user tries to sneak back in, and continues to break site rules with his behavior.

Originally Posted by Large Larry
I've never been on rcgroups but I went over to take a look after reading this thread. The two members you mentioned seem to be helpful, I didn't see them putting anyone down or trying to act high and mighty. On the surface it appears to me as though you might have taken something they said the wrong way or something. In any case you shouldn't be using one forum to rubbish another, if you feel that strongly about it make a youtube video or something.
I like your open approach, and appreciate your efforts to check at RCG what happened. As you noticed, this will show a very different picture than the one that is painted in the first posting in this thread.

Originally Posted by BlueBorderRC
Well that was over a year ago when I left there and switched to RCUniverse. I havent had any problem here. I guess when you only have a handful of friends as members on your site like RCGroups its easier for a couple of the more colorful characters to stand out lol.
With all this said and done, I must say I am happy for you that you seemed to be feeling at home here. I do hope you have become a more calm and balanced person since then. Considering that you haven't been suspended/banned here, seems to confirm that at least some lesson was learned from your triple membership on RCG. Though starting this topic, and your very abusive comments on Youtube (https://www.youtube.com/all_comments...&v=XnXL-mAVDKg) show the same anger and agressiveness that several RCG members, including me, have seen from you first hand, in the threats you sent us over pm's. Still I would like to believe that people can change for the better, and hope that over time, the anger you felt will subside, if it hasn't already. That was also a reason why I hesitated to post here, I don't want to rake this up all again. After all, one of the main benefits of a nice hobby like RC, is being able to unwind from all the stress and everyday obstacles. So let's not build more obstacles while we discuss this great hobby, but break down those self-created barrierss, as no one will benefit from arguing or worse.

And to answer the original topic question, "No, RCG isn't perfect, but certainly not as bad as the topic title suggests"