RCU Forums - View Single Post - sorry more questions...
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2014, 04:29 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Step on over to HobbyPartz if you are on a serious low budget and you could do a one-stop-shop there for most everything you listed. I get most everything from eBay 'cause I like auctions and I can find better deals than the big online stores...but not all the time.

I really don't know what features you need/want in a radio. I have a FlySky (FS-GT3C) radio and have no complaints about the brand. Heck the extra receivers (if you have/get a radio with multiple car memory) are around $7. The FS-GT2 would probably fit the bill for you two RC vehicles. The only thing that would make the FS-GT2 a great radio is if it had end point adjustment for the steering. I wish I had good low budget radios like them back in the day to choose from.

Are you planing on using what type of battery... NiMh or going LiPo? I don't even know if LiPo hard case packs will fit in those cool Tamiya cars you got. I have both hard case LiPo and soft case packs. I haven't had any problems using soft packs in my truck or buggy. I have read that people are concerned about rocks puncturing through a soft pack LiPo (LiPos are a little more fragile than NiMh batteries).It's just a pain in the butt that I must add a foam cushion, because of the thickness difference, when I go to use my soft cased LiPos.

As far as servos from HobbyPartz... I know a couple of people in the forum here that have used them and I'm sure one of them will chime in here soon... ...Along with the Thunder AC680 or AC6 charger. I myself use two B6AC 80W from good old eBay. I'm a frugal dude who doesn't need specs out the kazoo with a $100/$200 price tag.

Last edited by RustyUs; 12-05-2014 at 06:37 PM.