RCU Forums - View Single Post - 125% (1/4 scale) Anderson TA-152H
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2014, 04:50 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

The vertical stab tip block and LE transition blocks were made. For these i put a 1/32" piece of ply down the centerline for a hard point and for some ding resistance. These were then glued into position.

Then usinga razor plane and 40 grit paper wrapped around a 1" cylinder, the transition and fin leading edge was rough shaped as well as the tip. These were them shaped a little more closely with 80grit on a sanding block, followed with a fine grit sanding sponge to bring everything smooth.

The rear fuse and vertical stab then had some filler placed where needed:

while the filler was drying, I started finishing the area around the windscreen frame. First up was modifying F8 to the correct height and getting it into the proper position.

Then the fuse sheeting was put in place and the glare shield built up. Filler was then applied where needed.

the first application of filler was sanded down and then a little bit more added to the vertical stab transition. Im very happy with how this area turned out, it was much leas of a headache than i expected.

At this point, the top of the fuselage is 90% complete. Ive got the gunhood block to carve and then that will need cut free and the baseplate for that hatch area cut out and installed. After that, its blocking off the open area of the glare shield to in prep for molding.

Overall frontal view:

Side view of the glareshield.

frontal shot with the stab in place.